Answerthe following questions. 1. Bold thelaw that correctly defines the Son of.
Answerthe following questions.
1. Bold thelaw that correctly defines the Son of Sam law.
a. Legislationthat prohibits criminals from contacting their victims or their victims’families
b. Alaw that prohibits a parent from testifying against his or her son
c. Legislatedrules prohibiting criminals from profiting from their crimes through sales orpublications of their stories to or through the media
d. Laws thatprohibit the pressfrom releasing details of a pending case
2. Identifytwo victim resources available locally and nationally. Include the organization’s name and website, and a summary of their services.
3. The ______________ Amendment states that excessive bail shall notbe required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishmentsinflicted.
4. Thisprogram was conceived in 1929 by the International Association of Chiefs ofPolice to meet a need for reliable statistics on crime in the nation. Theprogram is now handled by the FBI. Bold the correct answer.
a. CrimeStatistics Bureau
b. UniformCrime Reporting
c. Statisticsand Crime Unit
d. TheProgram for Criminal Statistics
5. What termrefers to problems that follow from the initial victimization,such as the loss of employment or inability to pay medical bills?__________________________________
6. Where didvictim-impact statements originate? Why were victim-impact statements granted?
7. Locate acase that involves mitigating factors. Cite the case and explain why the casehad mitigating factors.
8. Explainthree-strikes legislation and include an example casesummary. Include a reference for the case.
9. How manyU.S. states currently use capital punishment?What forms of capital punishment are used?
10. What is the relationship between the EighthAmendment and capital punishment?
11. __________________________is an attempt to make the criminal whole againand uses the restorative justice sentencing model.
12. List three possible forms of court-ordered restitution:
13. ___________________ stem from prejudices against one’s race, color, religion, nationalorigin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical disability, or mentaldisability.
14. Define the following:
b. Rehabilitationand restoration:
c. Concurrentand consecutive sentencing: