All Students must answer question #1. From the remaining 4 questions, choose 1 additional question and answer that question. It is suggested to use textbook or course reading documents to support your claims. Be sure to cite sources where appropriate. 3 References.
- Describe three factors that help to influence our nation’s focus on natural or man-made disasters.
- What issues have been raised concerning some of the authorities granted to government agencies in the PATRIOT Act? How have those issues been addressed?
- Should FEMA fall under DHS, or should it be its own cabinet level organization? Why?
- Define Mitigation and Preparedness. Compare and contrast the ideas of each, and give examples to highlight your statements.
- Compare and contrast two natural disasters. Provide examples on how they are similar and different regarding early detection, mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
Journal submission requirements:
- Each answer should be two typed, double spaced pages.
- Use the normal standard of 12-font, double-spaced, Times New Roman.
Resources for assessment:
- Textbook Readings:Chapters- 1-11
This activity is matched to the following Learning Outcomes:Demonstrate an understanding of today’s Homeland Security concepts/disciplines (i.e.) “all-hazard response”, Intelligence and information sharing (Patriot Act), Evolution of homeland security ( FEMA and DHS), Emergency Management Disciplines ( mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery) and natural disaster ( earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes,etc.) response in a clear, concise and focused essay.
* No Plagiarism
1st question is mandatory and next chose any 1 question from remaining 4 questions
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.